When: Friday, September 20, 2019 9am-4pm
Where: 40 Center Street, Northampton, MA
Instructor: Theresa Bullock Cohen, LICSW, BCC, CGP
Level: EFT Trained
CE’s: 5 CE’s pending for LMFT’s, LICSW’s, LMHC’s, and Lic. Psychologists
*Limited to 12 people
An experiential workshop for EFT couples therapists to explore Self-Of-Therapist learning in a supportive group environment.
Where do you get blocked as an EFT couples therapist? This workshop utilizes the group experience to promote compassion and movement with Self-of-Therapist challenges.
In this program, participants will:
1. Assess how their own attachment style and coping strategies impact their clinical work with couples.
2. Identify and work with the thoughts, feelings, and action tendencies that block therapeutic attunement.
3. Increase their ability to stay fully present with their own emotions and work experientially with others’ emotions.
4. Increase their knowledge about their own internal working models (VOO & VOS) through present process focus and here-and-now group interactions.
5. Explore unmet attachment needs, practice reparative responses, and integrate new learning to improve therapeutic outcomes.
Theresa Bullock Cohen, LICSW, BCC, CGP is a licensed social worker, certified group psychotherapist, certified EFT couples therapist, and certified supervisor in full-time private practice. Her clinical focus is working with individuals, couples, and groups who struggle with secure attachment and intimacy. Theresa is a former supervisor for the Harvard University Mental Health Service, and currently provides supervision and consultation to therapists in private practice. She has taught as an adjunct professor at the Boston College Graduate School of Social Work and is currently on the teaching faculty for the NSGP group training program. Theresa has over 15 years of clinical experience leading groups, and she has presented continuing education workshops for Boston College, Harvard University UHS, the Psychodynamic Couple and Family Institute of New England, Seacoast EFT Community, Psychology Specialist of Maine, and the annual conference for the Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy. www.tbcohen.com
*Who qualifies for the Student/Agency Clinician Rate?
We offer this discounted rate to enable students and clinicians working in community mental health settings on a full-time basis to be able to participate. Group practices are not eligible.